7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
The Account Director is responsible for achieving pipeline targets and services bookings, while remaining accountable for driving successful customer outcomes. The Account Director is expected to develop new business opportunities within an assigned territory, work with incoming leads, and with channel partners (Salesforce). This role is responsible for the development of a sound territory plan that achieves the pipeline objectives needed to meet and/or exceed bookings targets. This individual has a solutions and/or technology services background (in the Salesforce ecosystem) and feels at home in a fast paced sales environment.
Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are:
- Prospect and build organic pipeline within an assigned territory (Global 1000).
- Develop, negotiate, and close new business opportunities.
- Arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Listening to customer requirements and build presentations to address business needs.
- Coordinating responses to RFPs and supporting the creation of proposals and Statements of Work.
- Closing the sale and managing the sales order process.
- Representing 7Summits at trade exhibitions and events.
- Staying abreast of new product offerings from channel partners and incorporating into selling efforts.
- Develop excellent client relationships and maintain focus on exemplifying company values.
- Work with software channel partners to build new pipeline and jointly execute sales cycles.
- Work collaboratively with Account Management & Service Delivery to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and revenue growth with existing customers.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of all opportunities, contacts and account history within our CRM System, Salesforce.
- Meet and exceed individual annual quotas for contracts/revenue.
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are:
- 3-5 years’ experience successfully selling solutions-based technology and service offerings.
- Experience selling Salesforce solutions/products a plus.
- Ability to analyze, assess and address prospects needs in the enterprise accounts, while clearly establishing the value of our products and services.
- Demonstrated successful selling in a consultative/team environment and building new business within existing territory is essential.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience selling in a remote capacity, utilizing screen share/video technology such as WebEx to articulate the value proposition and solution offerings.
- Very proficient in PowerPoint for presentation development.
Primary competencies this role is expected to effectively develop are:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.