7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
As Project Manager (PM), your role will focus on leading 7Summits’ professional services engagements by establishing work plans and organizing/coordinating both client-side and internal 7Summits stakeholders/resources to deliver online community solutions that yield business value to our customers. PMs are involved with the full project lifecycle, from project kickoff and upfront strategy & planning, requirements definition and solution design, to technical implementation, testing, launch and ongoing activation & support of online communities.
- Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are as follows:
- Serve as assigned customers’ primary, day-to-day point of contact during engagements.
- Establish engagement work plans/work breakdown structures, with input and buy-in from customer stakeholders, that define engagement phases/milestones, activities/tasks, dates/duration, resources, etc. based on 7Summits’ services delivery methodologies.
- Lead and organize the cross-functional 7Summits team assigned to your engagements, typically comprised of a combination of strategists, business analysts, designers, technologists/developers and/or community managers, in order to execute engagement work plans and deliver high-quality deliverables that satisfy customer requirements, objectives and/or acceptance criteria.
- Produce project management documentation, such as project plans/timelines, project requirements and acceptance criteria (typically in JIRA), meeting materials and presentations, status reports, budget reports, resource utilization reports, and other project documentation using 7Summits templates, tools and standards.
- Regularly communicate project status with external and internal stakeholders, including key accomplishments, next steps, issues/risks/items for management attention, and project financials.
- Effectively identify and mitigate/manage engagement risks and issues.
- Manage engagement scope, schedule, budget and resources.
- Manage data and execute business processes such as timesheet entry, resource forecasting, utilization analysis, expense management and tracking.
- Achieve a target billable utilization of 80% (32 hrs/wk).
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 1-3 years of Project Management experience delivering online community solutions (or similar web-based/digital development projects) using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience with agile development tools such as JIRA.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and/or Marketing Cloud.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires (10-25% travel).
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Primary competencies that this role is expected to effectively develop are as follows:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.