7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
Engagement Managers (EM) play a critical role in helping 7Summits’ customers achieve the business value they seek from the online community solutions we provide, as well as helping to grow our company through client satisfaction and retention/repeat business. The EM supports the Sales organization with pre-sales discovery and scoping, high-level requirements definition, solution definition, estimation and proposal/SOW development. After the sale, EMs are chiefly accountable for the delivery of consulting services. Working closely with Project Managers, EMs provide delivery oversight and governance to ensure consulting services are provided within the parameters of commercial agreements and in accordance with 7Summits’ methodologies and quality standards. EMs manage key client relationships during delivery, particularly at the Project Sponsor level, and work to address project changes and resolve issues as appropriate. The ultimate goal of the EM is to maximize the business value customers derive from the online community solutions 7Summits provides, resulting in highly satisfied, long-term, profitable customer relationships.
Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are as follows:
- Maintain a deep understanding of 7Summits’ products, services, resources/skillsets and delivery methodologies.
- Broad-based familiarity with online community best practices, including community planning & strategy development, implementation/launch, driving user adoption and activation, and ongoing management of online communities.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of Salesforce platform releases and impacts on customers/projects.
- Support the Sales organization with pre-sales discovery and scoping, high-level requirements definition, solution definition, effort/budget estimation, and proposal/SOW writing for qualified opportunities during the sales stage.
- Assist with resource forecasting/demand planning for sales opportunities.
- Identify and support opportunities to expand our services footprint within assigned customer accounts.
Delivery Oversight & Governance
- Understand customers’ business objectives, success measures or other key performance indicators (KPIs) and steward these across the 7Summits team.
- Build strong relationships and establish “trusted advisor” status among client stakeholders, particularly at the Executive Sponsor/Project Sponsor level.
- Support Project Managers with establishing delivery approaches, staffing/resource plans, work plans/activities, defining key milestones, and deliverables.
- Provide oversight and governance throughout delivery to ensure engagements are executed within SOW/contractual parameters, that 7Summits’ methodology is being applied appropriately, that the delivery team is performing highly/efficiently, that deliverables meet quality standards, that target gross margins are attained, and client issues/concerns are proactively being addressed.
- Proactively monitor engagement financials to ensure profit margins and avoid over-budget situations, and producing executive-level financial forecasts, reports and summaries.
- Achieve a target billable utilization of 60% (24 hrs/wk).
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Salesforce Administrator certification, preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and/or Marketing Cloud.
- 2-3 years of Business or Management Consulting experience.
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience delivering online community solutions (or similar web-based/digital development projects) using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires (10-25% travel).
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Primary competencies that this role is expected to effectively develop are as follows:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.