7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
The Technical Architect (TA) role is a critical part of the 7Summits delivery model, working closely with the 7Summits cross-functional team and client stakeholders to navigate the Salesforce technical landscape and ultimately design, implement and launch a working technical solution that meets or exceeds client expectations and ultimately drives business value.
Successful individuals will be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, utilizing their excellent time management, communication and critical thinking skills in combination with their deep Salesforce platform and technical expertise to drive the success of their projects from beginning to end.
Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are:
- Own definition of the end-to-end solution architecture to accommodate defined business requirements. This includes a delivery framework that ensures quality and success.
- Communicate technical solutions and design tradeoffs effectively to business stakeholders.
- Work with project managers and/or clients to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines.
- Interact directly with customers to review requirements, manage project delivery and obtain deliverable feedback.
- Design and implement data structure, flows, Apex classes, Visualforce pages and Lightning components to support application build as needed.
- Manage local and offshore development teams to ensure successful delivery of technical aspects of complex engagements.
- Mentor and lead less experienced technical team members to enable their growth and success.
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are:
- 5+ years technical experience within the Salesforce eco-system.
- Salesforce Advanced Developer / Platform Developer II Certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience leading development teams through delivery.
- Experience working on an Agile-based cross-functional project team.
- Experience with Force.com declarative configuration and Apex/Visualforce/API development.
- Experience with unit, integration and end-to-end system testing and performance tuning.
- Experience delivering Portals/Communities on the Community Cloud platform, a plus.
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud. Marketing Cloud and Lightning Components, a plus.
- Experience working with CMS, ERP, CPQ, Portals, SSO, and/or eCommerce enterprise applications, a plus.
Primary competencies this role is expected to effectively develop are:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.