7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
The Salesforce Developer role is a critical part of the 7Summits delivery model, working closely with Technical Architects, Technical Leads, Front-End Developers and a cross-functional team to implement and launch a working technical solution that meets or exceeds client expectations and ultimately drives business value.
Successful individuals will be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, utilizing communication and critical thinking skills in combination with their Salesforce platform and technical expertise to drive the success of their projects.
Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are as follows:
- Develop APEX classes, triggers, unit tests, Visualforce pages, and Lightning components to support application build.
- Design and implement data structure, flows, processes, and declarative set-up.
- Prepare for and manage deployments using Changesets, Ant scripts, and IDE-based deployment tools.
- Assist in solutioning, estimating, and shaping technical solutions.
- Contribute to internal code-base and standards.
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are as follows:
- 2+ years technical experience within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Understanding of computer science and programming fundamentals including, object-oriented programming, relational database design, web services, technical writing, and documentation.
- Makes proper use of version control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience working on an Agile-based cross-functional project team.
- Experience writing Apex controllers, unit tests, and triggers.
- Experience working with Apex REST services and API integrations,
- App Builder and/or Platform Developer I certification
- Additional certifications (Administrator, Marketing Cloud Consultant, Community Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant), a plus.
- Experience delivering Portals/Communities on the Community Cloud platform, a plus.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Primary competencies that this role is expected to effectively develop are as follows:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.