7Summits is an Online Community Solutions Company driven to unleash people's potential to create, innovate and compete in entirely new ways. This grounding purpose has led the firm to create a suite of solutions, managed software products, and services focused on creating online community experiences that transform businesses. 7Summits is focused on the very forefront of the market we serve. We start with the best enterprise social technology platforms, create our own Managed Software Products on top of them, and then extend those with the specific modules to address the industry, business-process, and feature specific needs of our customers. This model provides our customers with enterprise-class solutions that can deliver measurable business value with great speed.
We’re looking for a skilled front-end developer who can optionally tackle additional full-stack roles in the Salesforce environment. The ideal candidate will be first and foremost comfortable creating gorgeous and responsive user interfaces, but also would be capable of completing simpler back-end task to support their display. The ideal candidate should be able to work comfortably alongside other developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
Key responsibilities that this role is expected to effectively demonstrate are as follows:
- Collaborate with our strategy, visual design, and back-end development teams to create cutting-edge experiences for our clients.
- Work with Salesforce Technical Architecture and back-end teams to assist writing APEX controllers and tests.
- Contribute to code standards, best practices, and accelerator code library.
- Interact directly with customers to review requirements, design solutions, and lead technical delivery.
Skills and Requirements
Basic skills and requirements needed to perform in this role are as follows:
- 5+ years experience delivering high-quality front-end experiences.
- HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS expertise and experience with backwards-compatibility techniques.
- Well versed in delivering responsive websites.
- Practiced in using Gulp and Bower with Node.js, or similar packaging and build tools.
- Familiarity with web services and REST APIs.
- Experience with version control systems, primarily Git.
- History with full-stack development and database concepts.
- Comfortable working in an agile-based, quick moving environment.
- Exposure to Salesforce administration and development.
- Practice with Salesforce Communities, including Lightning, a plus.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Primary competencies that this role is expected to effectively develop are as follows:
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport and relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Communication Skills - practices attentive and active listening, writes clearly and succinctly focusing on the points to be made. Proactive in communication.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious and focuses on finding and resolving the root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, curious and open to change, experiments and seeks advice to find solutions.
- Action Oriented - a self-starter who proactively takes the initiative to work through unforeseen challenges to see things through to completion.
- Creativity – challenges self and others to “think outside the box”, makes connections among previously unrelated notions, provides new ideas that provide business value.
- Planning – accurately scopes out work to be performed, breaks work down into logical activities, clearly assigns responsibility for completion of activities/tasks, and monitors progress to ensure successful completion.